Preserving your privacy is important to us and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information.
Ralli connects you with worthwhile causes and donors all over the world, making it easy for you to join others in making a big difference with a little change.
Ralli promotes micro donations that give the public control over how much they want to donate, which region they want their money to go to and what cause they want to benefit - all through a few simple steps on their mobile phone.
Ralli is run by The Ralli Trust, which is a registered charity (registered number 1156936) and registered company in England and Wales (registered number 08735457), whose principal office is at Suite 907 Kemp House, 152-160 City Road EC1V 2NX (“we/our/us/the Trust”). Our main Ralli partner is Activistic (UK) Ltd, a registered company in England and Wales (number 8579128) with registered office Suite 907 Kemp House, 152-160 City Road EC1V 2NX.
Preserving your privacy is important to us and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information. This Policy explains how we use your information. If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com. We want you to read this Policy in full, but if you don’t have time, here are the headlines:
• Our payment collections partner, TxtNation, collects personal information you give when you download the Ralli App and choose to donate
• They handle this personal information as our agent and we use that information to process your donations
• We may get in touch to let you know how your donations are benefitting your selected causes and about any joint initiatives we might develop from time to time with your selected causes, and to let you know what else the Trust does
• Subject to your consent, your chosen charity will be eligible to apply to claim Gift Aid on your donations to maximise your support. Often we will do this on behalf of our partner charities. Where a charity you have chosen will be doing so instead, we
will pass your information to them so that they can make the Gift Aid claim. In such as case the charity will not be permitted to use that information for any other purpose, such as to contact you direct about their activities.
• We may pass your personal information to third parties where necessary to administer the Ralli App or where we are required to do so by law
• The only other times we will pass your personal information to third parties is where you have consented to this
We have set out how we use your personal information in more detail below:
We may collect personal information from you when you:
• Register with Ralli by downloading the Ralli App and creating an account
• Make a donation
• Make a gift aid declaration when you make a donation
• Make enquiries to us, including about our website at www.ralliapp.org (the Website), our services and the charities that we hope will benefit from Ralli
• Request information from us
• Register for any of our mailing lists or events
• Contact us or we contact you through the Website, or any other channel
This personal information may include (but is not limited to):
• Your date of birth
• Your name (including your first name(s) and surname)
• Your email address
• Your home address and your postcode
• Your mobile phone number
• The amount you have donated (and other details about when and where you donated)
• The details you provide on any gift aid declaration you make (your home address, amount of donation and tax status)
• Any other information you give us through the Website
How do we use this personal information?
We may use the personal information you provide us to:
• Create your account and store information about the donations you have made
• Contact you to thank you for your donations
• Contact you to tell you about our activities and Ralli
• Contact you to tell you about the activities of any partner charity you have selected to make donations to, or any joint initiatives we may develop from time to time with any such partner charity
• Process your donations
• Process your requests
• Respond to your questions or comments
• Maintain our organisational records
• Supply your information to any charity you have chosen to benefit from your donations for Gift Aid claiming purposes only, where the charity in question will be making the Gift Aid claims direct rather than via the Trust.
If you do not want us to contact you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Unsubscribe” in the title.
Do we ever pass your contact details on to other organisations or individuals?
• We may allow access to your personal information to our consultants, staff or third party providers if necessary to provide our services to you. If we do this, we will not give those individuals/organisations any rights to use your personal information (or
contact you) except in accordance with our instructions.
• We may share or allow access to any information you have provided as part of your gift aid declaration(s) (your name, address, along with details of your tax status) to HMRC for the purpose of reclaiming Gift Aid on your donation(s). This includes sharing such information with any of your selected charities which you have consent to claiming Gift Aid on your donations and which will be making the claims themselves rather than via the Trust, but not for any other purpose. In particular, our partner charities will not be permitted to use your information for the purpose of contacting you direct. We will not share your details with our partner charities in any other circumstances.
• We will share or disclose your information if we are required to do so by any law or Court of competent jurisdiction.
By using our Website, donating through the Ralli App or participating in any other way with Ralli, you are agreeing to this Policy. If you do not agree with any part of this Policy, please cease using our Website or donating to via the App.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of personal information you give us.
The transfer of online transaction data to and from the Website is protected by our secure sockets layer protocol. We have a secure certificate that allows web browsers to check the security of our Website and to communicate with the Website in a secure way. This helps protect your personal information.
Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information but where third parties are concerned, or we have passed your personal information to third parties in accordance with this Policy, we accept no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
We make no representations about any other Websites.
When you access any other website through a link on our Website (including social media sites) you understand that it is independent from us and that we have no control over that website or the way your personal information is collected through those websites.
Those websites may have their own privacy policies and we encourage you to look at those policies or contact the website operators directly to understand how your personal information is used.
What are cookies?
The type of cookies we use:
The types of cookies we use on the Website are set out below:-
Google Analytics are used widely by websites to collect information about how website visitors use a site. We will use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how users use the Website and to improve the Website.
Google Analytics collect information in an anonymous form and will not allow us to identify you or collect any personal information about you.
Google Analytics do not track your internet activity after leaving the Website.
Social media cookies
This Website contains buttons and content from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, so that you can easily share content from our Website with your social media networks. If you use these features, these social media sites may use their own cookies. Information on how these are used can be found on their respective websites.
Website cookie acceptance
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
The Ralli Trust is a registered charity (registered number 1156936) and registered company in England and Wales (registered number 08735457), whose principal office is at Suite 907 Kemp House, 152-160 City Road EC1V 2NX.
If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com.
This Policy was last updated on 22 January 2016.